Mayor Jennings Declares A Snow Emergency
December 16, 2013
SNOW EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Please be advised that the City of Albany has issued a SNOW EMERGENCY that will begin at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at which time all normal parking rules and regulations are temporarily suspended.
During the first 24 hours of the snow emergency all vehicles must be parked on the even numbered side of the street.
Beginning at 8:00 P.M. Wednesday, December 18, 2013 all vehicles must be parked on the odd numbered side of the street for the next 24-hour period.
If you are parked on the wrong side of the street during the snow emergency your car will be ticketed and may result in it being towed.
After the second 24-hour period please stay tuned for further announcements. For SNOW EMERGENCY information, call 476-SNOW or visit the city's website.
The City of Albany has made the following additional parking available during the snow emergency:
ARBOR HILL/SHERIDAN HOLLOW
1. PARKING AREA ADJOINING ARBOR HILL SOFTBALL FIELD
(NORTH LARK ST.)
2. 230 COLONIE ST. (PLAYGROUND LOT)
3. 178 COLONIE ST. (PLAYGROUND LOT)
4. TEN BROECK MANSION (PARKING LOT & SIDEWALK (West End)
1. RIDGEFIELD PARK (ENTER ON PARTRIDGE ST.)
2. WOODLAWN PARK LITTLE LEAGUE
3. WATERSON PARK (WESTLAND HILLS) ENTER ON COLVIN AVE.
4. WASHINGTON PARK (ALL ROADWAYS AND PARKING AREAS)
1. KRANK PARK AREA
2. FRANKLIN ST. (BETWEEN SCHUYLER & BASSETT STREETS (EAST SIDE)
3. LINCOLN PARK (ALL INTERIOR ROADWAYS & PARKING AREA)
4. FRISBEE AVENUE (PARKING LOT BTW SECOND AVENUE AND MCCARTY AVE)
1. 77 PHILIP ST. (PLAYGROUND)
2. 88 PHILIP ST. (PLAYGROUND)
3. 179 MYRTLE AVENUE (LOT IN FRONT OF COMMUNITY GARDENS)
1. PARKING AREA ACROSS FROM NORTH ALBANY AMERICAN LEGION POST
1. BLEECKER STADIUM (PARKING AREA & ROADWAYS)
2. NORTH SIDE OF LIVINGSTON AVE. (OPPOSITE JUDSON ST.) parking lot
If your vehicle has been towed, call the Albany Police Department at 438-4000 for information on how to retrieve your vehicle.
Snow emergency brochures, which outline all of the Snow Emergency procedures, are available by clicking here or can be picked up at any City firehouse, police station or branches of the Albany Public Library. Thank you for your cooperation.