Ward 12 - Hon. Michael O’Brien
- Longtime resident of the Capital District
- Attorney since 1975 (graduate of Albany Law School)
- Experience on various community organization boards including the Underground Railroad History Project and the Central Ave Business Improvement District
- Elected representative on the City of Albany Common Council
- Forty years experience as an attorney to include working for Albany County Social Services Department, Mental Hygiene Legal Service, and the NY State Health Department
- Retired from active employment but currently serving as a volunteer pro-bono attorney with the Legal Aid Society of North Eastern NY at Stratton VA Medical Center and at the Albany Housing Coalition Homeless Veterans Program
- Retired JAG attorney with the NY Army National Guard
- Experience working with and relating to diverse populations
- Strong knowledge of Capital District community organizations
Michael O’Brien serves as 12th Ward Albany Common Council Member. The 12th Ward is located in the western portion of Albany. It extends from Allen Street and Central Ave to the Point of Woods homes at the intersection of Washington Ave Extension and Route 155. The ward includes residential homes, apartments, senior living facilities, nursing homes, retail stores, offices, the Pine Bush Preserve and the SUNY Polytechnical facility.
To view a map of Ward 12 click here.
33 Danker Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Phone: (518) 482-1160 Cell: (518) 221-1160 firstname.lastname@example.org