Mayor Jennings and Chief Forezzi Announce 4th Annual Mayor's Health Check Day
29 Jun 2012
Albany, NY – Mayor Jennings is pleased to announce that the City of Albany and the Albany Fire Department will once again be hosting the fourth annual “Mayor’s Health Check Day” on Saturday, July 7th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm at all City of Albany Firehouses (see complete listings below).
In an effort to address issues associated with diet and lack of exercise, coupled with an alarming increase in the diagnosis of diabetes, Mayor Jennings is encouraging City residents to take advantage of free health care screenings for:
•Blood glucose levels
Trained EMT’s will be on-hand at each Albany Firehouse to administer the testing and share the results with citizens.
In addition, members of the media and public are invited to join Mayor Jennings and Albany Fire Department Chief Robert C. Forezzi for a press conference to kick-off the health check day festivities at the Engine 9 Firehouse on Delaware Avenue at 11:00AM. WHERE: Albany Firehouses
• Engine 1 – Washington & Western Ave
• Engine 2 – 700 North Manning Blvd (N. Manning at Lark Drive)
• Engine 4 - Washington Ave Extension
• Engine 5 – 289 South Pearl Street (S. Pearl at Morton Avenue)
• Engine 7 – Clinton Ave & Ontario St
• Engine 9 – 356 Delaware Avenue - Press conference at 11:00am
• Engine 10 – 130 Brevator Street (Brevator St. at Washington Ave)
• Engine 11 – 439 New Scotland Avenue (New Scotland Ave at Maplewood Ave) WHEN: Saturday, July 7, 2012
TIME: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm; open to the public