Albany Water provides clean drinking water and maintains the sewer system for the City of Albany. As a 24/7 operation, we manage the water supply at local reservoirs, filter the water at our treatment plant, and reliably deliver water through our transmission and distribution system. We also maintain the pipes that safely carry away wastewater and stormwater. The Department has approximately 30,000 customers (including homes, businesses, and public facilities), and has two governing bodies (Albany Water Board and Albany Municipal Water Finance Authority.)
A Message Regarding COVID-19
- Please call 518-434-5300 or send us an email with any questions or to pay a bill.
- All visitors are required to wear face masks unless proof of vaccination is provided (NYS Excelsior Pass or Vaccination Card).
- Hours remain 8 am to 4:30 pm.
News & Updates
Sign up to receive news and updates from Albany Water.
- Who owns the water service leading to my house?
- Will the City repair the portion of the water service I am responsible for?
- Who repairs the sidewalks and driveways damaged during a water main break?
- My lawn was damaged during a water main break. Will you replace it?
- My water bill is too high. What should I do?