Minority / Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
Welcome to the City of Albany Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Program.
The City of Albany recognizes the need to promote MWBE involvement in city public works contracts. By law, City-funded construction contracts are required to have 15% of the contract paid to MWBEs, and 25% of the labor be performed by minorities and/or women.
To facilitate this participation, the City publishes a directory of construction-related businesses that have been certified as legitimate MWBEs. Contractors on City-funded contracts hire subcontractors from this list. Businesses whose owner is a member of a recognized minority or a woman can apply for certification to be included on this list.
View the MWBE Program Compliance Reports archive.
- MWBE Directory 10.21 (PDF)
- Minority & Women Labor Plan Form (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Certification Application (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Subcontractor Plan Form (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Subcontractor Report Form (PDF)
- Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise Program Brochure (PDF)
- Monthly Minority and Women Labor Utilization Report Form (PDF)